These are all real comments I've gotten via email about the food rant. It amazes me that I get so many comments, given the inane subject matter, time since I wrote it, and relatively few places it's linked.

Takes all kinds.

back to the Food Rant Page

"gail v. braddock" <[email protected]>
Subject: why you hate eating
Monday, June 19, 2000 6:32 PM

i completely agree. i ******* hate eating. i prefer the art school diet, which is cigarettes and coffee.

"Amanie Mokdad" <[email protected]>
Subject: remarks
Friday, April 07, 2000 9:02 AM

Actually I was looking for types of entertainment foods and I stumbled across your site ..guess what? I liked it, if for anything, just for your methodical organization of all the bull a person has to do/ and or encounter simply to fuel the body only to lose the excess hours later. I was humored by your obsessive rant and thought if you have to isolate one area that all living creatures depend on why not let it be food afterall it continues to be both a gift of pleasure and a source of guilt. Thanks

"Anti-Onion League" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: The Anti-Onion League is here!!!
Friday, January 14, 2000 4:27 PM

Hi there!

I found your food rant on Yahoo, on the "Anti-Food Pages" section. By the
way, how long do Yahoo take to list your site? I submitted our URL *ages*
ago and they still haven't listed it. Zzz... We've got 100 hits on our
page now though - cool!

Thanks again for your email,

Karen

Love the page!

"Philip Calveley" <[email protected]>
Subject: Rantsters of the world unite
Friday, September 25, 1998 6:38 PM

Dear Ranter/Rantster/Rantress,

I`m setting up a webring called "Ring of Rants" to be based on
www.rant.co.uk. Being a naturally lazy new media type I`m mailing a pile of
people who publish regular pages with the word Rant in the title or
otherwise "ranty" to see if theres much interest in this idea. Any
regularly updated pages would be eligible to join, and I think the
possibilities of covering a wide range of areas and ideas would prove of
some interest to the surfing world.
If you`re interested let me know before I spend lots of time coding
intricate webring features. I think it could benefit us all as anyone with
a taste for vitriolic writing is likely to wander around the ring, and
generate more hits for us all.
The webring gfx will be very small and there`ll be a text only version too,
and not those enormous graphics some rings use.

Whatever you decide keep up the Ranting, maybe we can swop links sometime?

Cheers

Philip

<[email protected]>
Subject: cool page
Thursday, January 13, 2000 8:55 PM

Just wanted to drop a note and say I love your food page, lol. Pretty funny.

Danika

<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: cool page
Friday, January 14, 2000 4:50 PM

LOL I found it on Yahoo under Anti-Food.

Danika

"Elizabeth Clarke" <[email protected]>
Wednesday, January 12, 2000 1:00 PM

As she so obviously DESPISE food so much, are you anorexic?

[email protected]

"Anti-Onion League" <[email protected]>
Subject: The Anti-Onion League is here!!!
Tuesday, January 11, 2000 1:47 PM

Dearest people,

This is just to tell you about our fantabulous new web site. It's only a
first attempt so forgive us if the design isn't completely amazing, but hey,
it's the thought that counts!

We can be found at www.antionionleague.cwc.net/

Best wishes,

The Anti-Onion League

Kelli481 <[email protected]>
Subject: food
Sunday, February 27, 2000 6:06 PM

I love food
I hate commie piko bastards
hahahahaha
from me

daisy <[email protected]>
Subject: food?
Sunday, October 24, 1999 4:54 PM

hey is this rant thing something you do alot?
where can i find more?

elissa
18y.o. female
[email protected]

Karyn O'Rear <[email protected]>
Subject: Your Food Rant
Tuesday, October 05, 1999 2:42 PM

Found you via a "column" on my web server, the @home network. I skimmed.
I chuckled. A good giggle just for its sheer verbosity. Thought you
*might* like to know (feel free to ignore me) that the word is spelled
"chauvinistic" not "cheuvan...". Other than that...
You're silly. I like that!

Tami hamrick <[email protected]>
Subject: Food Rant
Monday, August 16, 1999 7:28 PM

Best thing I've read.....my kind of man!!!!
Tami

<[email protected]>
Subject: Food Rant
Sunday, March 14, 1999 12:15 AM

Loved It ! I think you about covered the whole realm....except where you give
in and eat it ALL...then Pay someone else to tell you what to eat...then you
fall off the wagon and all these frustrated feelings come back AGAIN...what a
merry-go-round...and I'm still reaching for the golden ring....here's to you.
Cheers :)

Rick Titus <[email protected]>
Subject: Excellent Food Rant
Saturday, March 13, 1999 9:57 AM

You did a wonderful job portraying your thoughts on food. I don't know how you had enough time to write it, though.

You should rant about that: time.

Patricia Collins <[email protected]>
Tuesday, February 23, 1999 8:06 PM

You are a very entertaining person...rant all you want!!

deborahgreen <[email protected]>
Subject: <G>
Thursday, January 21, 1999 11:27 PM

You have entirely *tooo* much time on your hands ;-p

<[email protected]>
Subject: Your Site Was Featured At Amused.com
Thursday, January 21, 1999 10:41 PM

Congratulations you lucky web pioneer....uh person, you!

Your website,

"Why I Hate Eating...."
at http://www.visi.com/%7Ercraig/foodrant.html

was one of the many lucky websites featured in the Center for the Easily
Amused's Dear God Nooooo!
(Yeah, it joined a bunch of other websites that were dubbed as the ultimate
scum in wasting time. You decide if you wanna jump up and down with
excitement over that.)
Never mind, him. The Mouth's just cranky because I accidentally put green
food coloring in with his annual Efferdent bath yesterday.
(Have someone turn your gums into a dark green mess and tell me if you're
exactly teeming with joy, Mr. Buttereyes.)
Anyway, since you have been bestowed with this prestigious award, we proudly
present you with our "I Can't Believe that It's Not A Fake Award" Award for
you to proudly....
(or shamelessly)
...shutup..... post anywhere on your website with a link to the address
"www.amused.com".
Once again, we wish you well and hope you continue your tireless efforts in
Internet idiocy.
(You also have something dangling from your nose, right there.)

Danny Gallagher
Writer, Creator, and Caterer of the CEA's Dear God, Nooooo

The Mouth
Professional Wise Ass

PS: If you have any questions about the attached award, please feel free to
send all your questions to [email protected]

<[email protected]>
Subject: Award!!!
Wednesday, January 13, 1999 7:36 PM

Congratulations, your page "Why I hate eating" has won the coveted pointless page award. In order to win this award, a page must go through rigorous testing and meet strict criteria, such as: Is it pointless? Anyway, attached is your award. Please display it on your page and link it back to Eli's most pointless Web Sites at: http://www.angelfire.com/mi/elisavit
Thank you.
Eli Savit
Eli's most pointless Web sites

Miriam <[email protected]>
Subject: food
Tuesday, December 15, 1998 9:08 PM

FOOD KIX ASS!!!!!!

Sergio G. Cortez <[email protected]>
Subject: your odd food rants
Friday, December 11, 1998 3:36 PM

Well, what a dreary drag you are. You don't like eating and you don't
appreciate food! Food is one of life's true sensual and artistic
pleasures, and all the work involved in getting it/preparing it and
working it off the body is fun too. I suppose you don't like sex much,
either, since you have to initiate the sex, then you have to go to the
trouble to get undressed, or maybe just pull your pants down, and then
you have to DO the deed, possibly disappointing your partner or
yourself, and then you have to clean yourself up afterwards, and then
you might have to feel bad about how it was or wasn't! Anything in the
world, not just eating, can become a pain in the ass, but mostly when
the person bitching about it is a pain in the ass. (No offense, you
might actually be a nice person.) And don't go thinking I'm one of
these food-crazed obese people with no life but food, because I'm not.
I love food, I love to cook, I love to set a beautiful table and provide
my friends with the aesthetic pleasures of food, and I love to work out
(mostly so I can eat what I want). I'd be curious to hear how you might
respond to this. My email address is [email protected] (until
12/18/98) and [email protected] (anytime). You are weird! I'm
certainly used to people not appreciating food the way I do, but I don't
think I've ever met anyone who disliked it so much that he felt
compelled to complain about having to eat!

Niels Lycke Jørgensen <[email protected]>
Subject: evil food
Monday, December 07, 1998 3:26 PM

...i kinda like dessert. i'll eat anything you can eat standing, walking or in the bed. there's nothing worse than having to sit by the table, chewing, doing nothing but eat, staring at the same people you've stared at your entire life. (they're allright, i just don't want to look at them while i eat.) i wonder who thought of that whole concept... scumbag.
i am truely sorry (right..), i don't really have anything to complain about, though i don't see what's wrong about dessert. perhaps it was invented to feed those who don't like main courses. (main courses is annoing)

about time someone made a site like this.

stine, denmark